Dual Credentials from upGrad Institute & Deakin University
Dual accreditation - AACSB and EQUIS
1-week On-campus Immersion Programme (optional)
Deakin Business School's alumni status
360 Degree Career Support
1:1 Career Coaching
Harvard Business Review Simulations
Access our Global Subject Matter Experts
- Deakin University is a public university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1974, Deakin is one of Australia's leading universities, with a strong international reputation.
- Deakin has been consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world by major ranking agencies, including the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the QS World University Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Deakin’s MBA has been ranked 20th in the world in QS Online MBA ranking 2020.
- Become part of the international upGrad community
- Network with like-minded individuals and learners
- Get access to our global subject matter experts
- Enhance your management skills
A Master of Business Administration (Global) will be awarded to students who
- Complete the course.
Course Developed with Global Experts
Live Learning Sessions
- This unit is focused on creating consumer value through effective positioning of products and services, and to understand the consumer behaviour buying model and Consumer Decision-Making Process to deliver consumer value through the right marketing mix.
- This unit helps to understand the fundamental terms of accounting, how different business events impact the different financial statements and to analyse the profitability of a company and manage working capital using the knowledge of financial statements. Projects will be evaluated using the metrics of project evaluation and decide which projects to invest in.
- This unit covers the application of verbal and non-verbal communication techniques to communicate effectively in a workplace, leverage appropriate communication channels to communicate your message and to create a vision statement for personal branding. Different personal branding assets will also be used to reach the right audience and application of effective monitoring techniques for monitoring of personal brand and the competition.
- This unit focuses on identifying suitable metrics related to business situations to communicate the requirements with data scientists, building of hypotheses and testing of validity using data from a small population to draw conclusions and make business decisions. It will also cover the prediction of future data trends using existing data trends through linear regression models.
- This unit focuses on building strong teams and positively impacting team performance and productivity. It covers understanding individual behaviour, group dynamics, and organisational culture. Additionally, it addresses the management of various HR responsibilities for line managers, enabling them to build and maintain effective teams. It also emphasises the importance of literacy in key legal terminologies to make informed business decisions.
- This unit focuses on understanding the different supply chain factors and identifying the varying demand patterns for products and in turn building the supply for these products, considering organisational constraints and at the most optimal cost without losing out on any sales. It also covers the sourcing aspects of a product cycle, identification of the steps for evaluating and choosing a supplier. The role of logistics and transportation management in the overall supply chain planning process will also be explored, as well as the important elements in designing a distribution network of a company.
- This unit focuses on the analysis of actions and satisfaction levels of a buyer and seller in the market based on the resources available, and to examine the overall performance of an economy and assess its impact on individuals within that economy.
- This unit explores the different frameworks that can be used to sell effectively, how to gain a clear understanding of the various types of channel partners and the different criteria used to select, onboard, and evaluate them, and to understand the process of creation and management of sales territories. It also analyses the performance of sales territories.
- This unit focuses on analysing the impact of the macro and micro-environment in which a firm operates in, on the firm's operations and strategy, and to apply different growth strategies that can be used to become market leader and sustain growth in an industry.
- This unit focuses on understanding the process of market research and its applications and apply tools to solve business problems and to analyse market research problems through various case studies.
- This unit focuses on understanding the vital components of a demand fulfilment process in a global organisation, the advanced sourcing strategies that are available at an organisation’s disposal and the freight forwarding process.
- This unit focuses on understanding the decision-making process and the role of business intelligence & business analytics in decision making, learning about Decision Support Systems (DSS), creating Tableau dashboards to effectively present and analyse data using metrics. It also covers the steps involved in decision making and to understand and create a dashboard to solve a business problem.
- This unit focuses on the evaluation of the recruitment strategy of an organisation through an understanding of various stages in workforce planning, formulating a training and development plan using different modes & methods of training, and to formulate the compensation and reward structure using job evaluation.
- This unit focuses on how to estimate the value of a company and understand how the value is used for financial decision-making. It also covers how to make financial decisions that helps maximise the value of a firm.
- MakingThis unit identifies leadership styles by understanding various leadership styles and decision making models, uses various group decision making models to identify potential challenges in group decision-making and to take steps to solve them.
- This unit focuses on the analysis of the inter-personal characteristics of a leader to cultivate these qualities during the leadership journey and to build high-performance teams using team dynamics and core roles of a leader.
- This unit focuses on the identification of risks using risk management frameworks and processes, measure and manage risks using a risk register and various risk mitigation strategies.
- This unit focuses on the analysis of how to creating value for customers using digital innovation strategies and to analyse the performance of a digital platform using different ways of launching a platform and different platform metrics.
- This unit focuses on designing a change plan using conceptual foundations of change and tools and methodologies to manage change, and to manage transformational change effectively in an organisation using the 8-step change model.
- The Academic Integrity Module is a compulsory zero credit point module in all Faculty of Business and Law courses. The module learning and assessment activities provide students with guidance on what constitutes academic integrity. It will allow students to develop knowledge, skills and good practice principles to avoid plagiarism and collusion and thereby maintain academic integrity.
- This unit is focused on the application of the theories, concepts and tools required to implement strategies in organisations. It addresses strategic choices and the necessary strategic capabilities required implement the strategies and achieve organisational growth.
- This unit explores design thinking as a practice for identifying and developing innovation opportunities in a range of business and social contexts. It exposes students to the key approaches and tools of design thinking, including techniques for understanding the problem context, ideation (both individually and collaboratively), building personal and team creative confidence, and approaches to solving wicked problems. This unit will develop the basis for innovative and creative thinking in students and develop confidence for students to think and communicate innovatively.
- This unit brings together financial analysis techniques from the accounting discipline, as well as principles of corporate finance to enable students to develop an understanding of the corporate financing function. It places financing options in the context of an organisation’s financial position, enabling students to make judgements about financing options available for strategic developments.
- This unit focuses on the issues that arise in global business environments. It provides the tools and concepts to enable the analysis of the complex, economic, political, legal and cultural global environment. It provides frameworks for developing strategies and enabling operations across national and cultural borders.
- This unit focuses on the characteristics and theoretical underpinnings of high performing organisations. It addresses the principles of organisational design, as well as internal and external factors impacting on the achievement of strategic outcomes. The unit also addresses the interpersonal and leadership skills managers require to develop high performing organisations.
- This unit provides an integrative capstone experience. Students complete a ‘live case study’ that requires a synthesis of the knowledge, experience and insights gained from the study program. The unit requires research, analytical, problem solving and business environment awareness skills. Students will be required to consider stakeholder issues, global political, economic and cultural issues.
- Engage in collaborative projects with student-mentor interaction
- Benefit by learning in-person with Expert Mentors
- Personalised descriptive feedback on your submissions to facilitate improvement
Marker Motion Simulation
Identify a target segment based on customer needs and effectively implement a positioning strategy to increase revenue and profits.
Marker Motion Simulation
Apply microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts in the context of the pandemic.
New Heritage Doll Company
Decide which projects to invest in depending upon quantitative factors with the objective of maximising the value of the company.
New Heritage Doll Company
Lisa Benton Case Study
Solve dilemmas and conflicts at the workplace through application of organisational behaviour concepts.
Lisa Benton Case Study
The upGrad Institute Advantage
Strong hand-holding with dedicated support to help you navigate your Master of Business Administration (Global) (E-Learning) journey
Student Support (Non-Academic queries)
- Student Support Team is available 24*7.
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org OR use the "Talk to Us" option on the learning platform.
Doubt Resolution (Academic)
- Live Discussion forum for peer to peer doubt resolution monitored by technical experts.
- 1-1 Doubt solving sessions with Teaching Experts.
- Informal peer groups on WhatsApp to clear doubts.
- Global alumni network based in over 85 countries.
- Virtual networking sessions with classmates and alumni.
- Online discussion forums for peer to peer interaction.
- Learn and network with our industry experts and career coaches.
- Informal peer groups on WhatsApp for learners to interact and network.
- Industry leaders to guide you on job opportunities, career path in the field of Management. Support on polishing your hard skills and soft skills for interview preparation.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile building support, to enhance your career prospects.
- Global job opportunities.
Career Coaching (1:1)
(1:1) with a dedicated career coach to build your career path.
Industry leaders to guide you on job opportunities, career path in the field of Management. Support on polishing your hard skills and soft skills for interview preparation.
Resume and LinkedIn Profile Building to enhance your career.
Support on polishing your hard skills and soft skills for interview preparation.
Course Fee (24 months) : SGD $15,400
Application Fee: SGD $700
*Fees stated are inclusive of GST
How will you benefit from this course
- MBA from Deakin University
- Get an MBA from a University that is ranked in the top 1% globally, without quitting your job
- Career Acceleration in your current role with flexible learning options
- Up your Management-related Skills and position yourself for a successful and impactful career in the global business arena
- Cutting-edge curriculum designed by industry experts who bring real-world expertise and industry insights to the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
upGrad Success Stories
I have joined the program couple of months back and the course content and experience so far is meaningful and insightful. Live sessions with industry leaders are organized every weekend to enable us to correlate concepts learned to real world and Harvard Business school simulation projects for practice.
Absolutely, go for it If you are a working professional and who can devote minimum 5–6 hrs a week towards online learning. The beauty of this program is its practical learning aspect with various case studies, simulations and live lectures on weekends. Apply these learning in your professional world and you would see the difference.